Monday 27 February 2012

Psalm 9

Psalm 9-     Excerpts from this psalm


1 I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
   I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
   I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.

God's sacred name YHVH=Jesus We praise Jesus eternally.
 
4 For you have upheld my right and my cause,
   sitting enthroned as the righteous judge.  

Jesus is enthroned on High and is our righteous judge.

 7 The LORD reigns forever;
   he has established his throne for judgment.
8 He rules the world in righteousness
   and judges the peoples with equity.
9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
   a stronghold in times of trouble.
10 Those who know your name trust in you,
   for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

 11 Sing the praises of the LORD, enthroned in Zion;
   proclaim among the nations what he has done.

14 that I may declare your praises
   in the gates of Daughter Zion,
   and there rejoice in your salvation.

Jesus provides the way for our salvation

16 The LORD is known by his acts of justice;
  
18 But God will never forget the needy;
   the hope of the afflicted will never perish.

We can trust God cares for us and provides for all of our needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment