Monday 27 February 2012

Psalm 5

New International Version (NIV)
 1 Listen to my words, LORD,
   consider my lament.
In this scripture we know we can talk to God about anything.We can bring our sorrows/laments to Him and this shows us the healthy way to deal with our loss and grief.We don't need to feel overwhelmed and if we do we can depend on God to listen and help us through.
2 Hear my cry for help,
   my King and my God,
   for to you I pray.
In this scripture we can depend on the fact that God hears our prayers.
 3 In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
   in the morning I lay my requests before you
   and wait expectantly.

We can be optimistic that God hears and will answer our prayers. To be successfull in getting our prayers to achieve success,we must profess,to declare ones belief openly in agreement with what God's word has to say about a situation.It helps if we pray a scripture we find from God's word and pray in agreement with what we know God wants for the situation.We have only to pray and wait on His answer to our prayers but we must always understand His ways are higher than our ways and thinking.How He responds and answers is not always how we expect or think it should be so we have to stay humble and wait on His response how He determines best to answer and deal with what we put before Him.
7 But I, by your great love,
   can come into your house;
in reverence I bow down
   toward your holy temple.

Through Jesus who is our High Priest and intercessor we can always have an advocate before the Father.We are made righteous through Christ and can submit to God's authority through Him.It is through Christ we are qualified and made right and can enter into God's kingdom family.
 8 Lead me, LORD, in your righteousness
   because of my enemies—
   make your way straight before me.
We can alway rely on God's guidance for our life.He makes it clear through scripture how He would want us to live and guides us through His word.
11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
   let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
   that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

The Name of the Lord is a strong tower,our strength our deliverence.Those that love your name rejoice!The name of God- YHVH (some refer to Jehova/Yaweh) are the Jewish letters which mean the hand of God nailed in grace. The very name is our promise our hope our deliverer Our Saviour and That is why we can Rejoice because we know before we even knew God He first loved us and did everything to ensure we are saved it is because of His love we live we breathe we exist we have purpose and Life through Christ.We can find our joy and happiness knowing we can trust and take comfort in that knowledge. If we need to find our Joy we can study the scripture to learn all that God has done for us to show us how loved we all are.
 12 Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous;
   you surround them with your favor as with a shield

The Lord is my sheild-my guard my protection the one who turns away harm and takes the penalty for me.
We are blessed through Christs righteousness.His holiness His goodness and mercy and grace which covers us.

No comments:

Post a Comment